Winter Settting on Hayward Sand Filter

Apr 27, 2013
I have a 16x32 vinyl in ground pool.

It is a new install, in the Fall of 2013.

I have a Hayward S210T sand filter. I did a great job of closing my pool down for the Fall, but I noticed that I forgot to put the pump in the "Winter" setting over the winter.

I have kicked the pump off, and it seems to be working fine. Is there anything I should be looking for since I made the mistake of not putting the pump to the "winter" setting. I live in Georgia, so it doesn't get very cold here over the winters.

Also, I noticed that my pressure gauge is not working on my sand filter. It looks as though the needle is on the wrong side of the pin at zero. I turned the pump off and restarted it a few times. I guess I'll have to order a new pressure gauge and replace it.

Thanks for any advice,
CharlieBear

The winter setting is kind of an in between setting so no ports are closed completely. It makes sure anything that has water in it will drain. Probably not a big deal to have left it in another position.

Pressure gauges seldom survive cold weather. You should remove it before closing and plug the port if your filter is outdoors. I keep my gauge in my sock drawer over the winter.

It's pretty simple. You'll need a roll of teflon thread seal tape.

1. Remove the old gauge.
2. Remove any old tape from the female threads.
3. Apply tape to gauge starting on the second thread going in the same direction as the threads. Wrap 4-6 times around.
4. Insert new gauge. Be careful not to cross thread. Do not over tighten.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.