Pool waterline distance to coping

Apr 19, 2014
New York
Does anyone know the distance the waterline of pool should be to the coping. I am re doing the deck around the pool and I am putting two layers of travertine around pool edge. First stone is a 3x12 layer it is getting adhered to the bond beam then pouring concrete up to that and around bond beam. second stone is a 12x24 bullnose and is getting thinset to the 3x12 and concrete. This will bring waterline about 7 inches from top of bullnose. Is there a national or state guideline for height of water to the bull nose. I have searched Internet and could not find it in ANSI/NSPI-5-99.

I dont know if there is a guideline or not.
Actually though it's the water level to the skimmer that is usually of concern.
Most folks typically fill to the middle of teh skimmer and whatever it is from waterline to the coping is just what it is.

I like mine about 3/4 way up the skimmer because I just prefer the look of the pool with that much more water in it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.