inground pull with mesh pull cover. open to 1000's of worms in the pool

smooth2222

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 25, 2010
michigan
now posted in the right section

inground pull with mesh pull cover. open to 1000's of worms in the pool.

is there a way to stop this every year? lol

anyone else experience this?

Have 4 feet or more of pavers/concrete around the pool.

when it rains the get flooded from the grass and somehow desire the swimming pool. lol

Yuck! I have no idea how to stop that from happening!

Same here. Opened to a worm graveyard 2 weeks ago. I just vacuumed them to waste along with the rest of the Winter detritus. A few nights later we had one of those persistent Pittsburgh evening rains...next morning worms galore again.

I doubt there is a permanent solution other than some kind of physical barrier around the pool. Barring that, eternal vigilance (and a good vacuum) are the price of a worm free pool. :D

I thru the robot under the cover to suck them all up, got atleast 2-3 weeks before i open jere in michigan,

Just wanted to make sure i wasnt the only one, lol

With all the worms i see, i think aerating your lawn by a company is a waste of money.

Had the same problem until I decided to add a 2 feet wide gravel stone border around the pool. Problem is considerably lessened. Make sure to put weed block fabric down prior to laying down the stones. In addition to this I stick 1/2 inch nylon rope under the pool cover to close off the small gap between the pool cover and concrete. I still get some worms though, just not as much as before.

Had the same problem until I decided to add a 2 feet wide gravel stone border around the pool. Problem is considerably lessened. Make sure to put weed block fabric down prior to laying down the stones. In addition to this I stick 1/2 inch nylon rope under the pool cover to close off the small gap between the pool cover and concrete. I still get some worms though, just not as much as before.

Now that is a smart idea with the rope, was thinking of something to put around the pool at closing but would be costly, rope idea is cheap and brilliant :)

I owe you a beer

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We had worms too. I got as many out with the net as I could and let our robot get the rest?

We have a mesh safety cover and was thinking of putting those water bags (is that what they're called?) around the border at closing this year to see of that helps...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.