Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: inground pull with mesh pull cover. open to 1000's of worms in the pool

1. Back To Top    #1

inground pull with mesh pull cover. open to 1000's of worms in the pool

now posted in the right section

inground pull with mesh pull cover. open to 1000's of worms in the pool.

is there a way to stop this every year? lol

anyone else experience this?

Have 4 feet or more of pavers/concrete around the pool.

when it rains the get flooded from the grass and somehow desire the swimming pool. lol
    15,000 gallon inground fiberglass pool with spa. 350lb Sand filter, 1.5 hp pump, and heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: inground pull with mesh pull cover. open to 1000's of worms in the pool

Yuck! I have no idea how to stop that from happening!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

I have the same problem. I just vac. to waste.

4. Back To Top    #4

Same here. Opened to a worm graveyard 2 weeks ago. I just vacuumed them to waste along with the rest of the Winter detritus. A few nights later we had one of those persistent Pittsburgh evening rains...next morning worms galore again.

I doubt there is a permanent solution other than some kind of physical barrier around the pool. Barring that, eternal vigilance (and a good vacuum) are the price of a worm free pool.
    18' x 41' IG w/vinyl liner. 30000 Gallons. 78" x 78" poolside spa
    1.5 hp Hayward pump - sand filter & Tiger Shark QC robot
    Compool CP3800 Control Panel
    TF-100 kit
    Built in 2002. "Inherited" w/House in 2012. Located in Pittsburgh

5. Back To Top    #5

Same issue....but all mine get stuck in pump basket...vacuum to waste does no good for me...I must have emptied basket 20 times.

14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

6. Back To Top    #6

I thru the robot under the cover to suck them all up, got atleast 2-3 weeks before i open jere in michigan,

Just wanted to make sure i wasnt the only one, lol

With all the worms i see, i think aerating your lawn by a company is a waste of money.
    15,000 gallon inground fiberglass pool with spa. 350lb Sand filter, 1.5 hp pump, and heater

7. Back To Top    #7

Had the same problem until I decided to add a 2 feet wide gravel stone border around the pool. Problem is considerably lessened. Make sure to put weed block fabric down prior to laying down the stones. In addition to this I stick 1/2 inch nylon rope under the pool cover to close off the small gap between the pool cover and concrete. I still get some worms though, just not as much as before.

8. Back To Top    #8

I also had a few pounds of worms. I used a leaf pool rake to get most of them out.
    Outdoor fiberglass inground 15,000 gallons, Clean & Clear Plus 420ft. sq. filter, 1 h.p. WhisperFlo pump, New water cycler automatic chlorinater(not using), 1996 pool, TF-100 test kit.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by songebob View Post
    Had the same problem until I decided to add a 2 feet wide gravel stone border around the pool. Problem is considerably lessened. Make sure to put weed block fabric down prior to laying down the stones. In addition to this I stick 1/2 inch nylon rope under the pool cover to close off the small gap between the pool cover and concrete. I still get some worms though, just not as much as before.
    Now that is a smart idea with the rope, was thinking of something to put around the pool at closing but would be costly, rope idea is cheap and brilliant

I owe you a beer

10. Back To Top    #10

Oh man, that grossed me out.

MermaidMama

18' Round x 52" Doughboy AGP ~ TF-100 Test Kit
    Powerline XP Pump 1.5 HP ~ AquaView 20" Sand Filter ~

11. Back To Top    #11

Our worms seem to wind up in the drain over winter and then in the pump basket. Stinky, too.
    25000 gal inground curved L shape - concrete, fiberglass walls - with Jacuzzi Sherlock 160 cartridge filter, Laars Lite LLG gas heater & Klean-a-tron robot
    near the pool: Cookshack Smokette, Akorn Kamado grill, putting green
    in the shed: Deere greens mower, Simplicity FC-16 front cut mower

12. Back To Top    #12

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Worms, frog parts, who knows what else in a grey slimy mass at the bottom. Truly gag inducing. Would an extra dose of chlorine help keep them away?
    20x35 in-ground oval. Wet Edge Luna Quartz finish. Hayes Super Pump with AO Smith V-Green 165 VS motor. Polaris 380. Enersol solar heating with automatic controller. Automated chlorination with Stenner pump.

13. Back To Top    #13

We had worms too. I got as many out with the net as I could and let our robot get the rest😷

We have a mesh safety cover and was thinking of putting those water bags (is that what they're called?) around the border at closing this year to see of that helps...

12,000 gallon Blue Hawaiian 'Hamilton' fiberglass IG 15x34 freeform, Pebble Beach finish, Pentair Clean & Clear 100 filter cartridge, Pentair SuperFlo 1.5HP pump, Stenner pump, Raypak 266k heater
    8/2015 pool build photos TFT-100 test kit