Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I need to buy an automatic pool cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

I need to buy an automatic pool cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by cruzr View Post
    I ordered a polaris 9550 today,from Pool Supply World. They have the best price, and it has a 2 year warranty. Comes with a caddy and motion sensing remote for $1149.00
    is that their top of the line model and if so why does the 9300xi sport cost more? I need to buy one today. What do you guys think would be the best for my pool....thanks!

14' x 28' x 7'
    4' radius corner
    Area: 378 Sq. Ft.
    Gallons: 14,657

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I need to buy an automatic pool cleaner

Im curious. Did you buy a cleaner today? Which one did you end up getting?

Enjoy it. They are awesome and save a lot of time spent on vacuuming!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    Im curious. Did you buy a cleaner today? Which one did you end up getting?

Enjoy it. They are awesome and save a lot of time spent on vacuuming!

I got the 9550 and its supposed to be here Tuesday. $1140 with $10 off code - splash at poolsupplyworld. I had all the trees in my yard removed but there are tons of pine trees etc. in my neighbors yard that mess up my yard/pool so I'm trying to do whatever I can to make it easier on myself. Bought house 2 years ago and haven't used pool. Right now its filled with frogs but getting new liner installed tomorrow. Will be posting water test results on this site by Wednesday I guess and I am going to need a lot of help - complete newbie. I have the tf-100 test kit and speedstir and I have read pool school twice. I would like to have my first pool party by Thursday if possible! I guess I need to start a new thread because I do have some questions...

have a tegelus 60 sand filter I'm going to have to pay somebody to come and show me how to use it.

I'm in Greenville, NC. Thanks!

4. Back To Top    #4

The Polaris 9350, 9450, and 9550 are 2014 latest models. The 9300 and 9400 were the previous models. From what I have read, the earlier series had some problems with the wheels breaking. Polaris made the necessary improvements and updates on the the 2014 series.
    19x36 IG plaster/Sta-Rite 1hp pump/Sta-Rite cartridge filter/wood burning heater/Legend cleaner3/4hp pump

5. Back To Top    #5

I hear ya about the Pine Trees. Had this same conversation today with a friend of mine.
    Sold my last house because of all the pine trees around. I will never ever live in another house that has pine trees, or next door to anyone that does!
    And I mean it too!

Good luck with your new liner!

Quote Originally Posted by Matthewmon View Post
    I got the 9550 and its supposed to be here Tuesday. $1140 with $10 off code - splash at poolsupplyworld. I had all the trees in my yard removed but there are tons of pine trees etc. in my neighbors yard that mess up my yard/pool so I'm trying to do whatever I can to make it easier on myself. Bought house 2 years ago and haven't used pool. Right now its filled with frogs but getting new liner installed tomorrow. Will be posting water test results on this site by Wednesday I guess and I am going to need a lot of help - complete newbie. I have the tf-100 test kit and speedstir and I have read pool school twice. I would like to have my first pool party by Thursday if possible! I guess I need to start a new thread because I do have some questions...

have a tegelus 60 sand filter I'm going to have to pay somebody to come and show me how to use it.

I'm in Greenville, NC. Thanks!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!