Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: want to up upgrade for intex pump/filter

1. Back To Top    #1

New Mexico

want to up upgrade for intex pump/filter

we have a Intex 15 x 48 pool the pump/filter it comes with is only 1000 gph how much bigger can I go and have the pool still stand upright. I have found a 2500 gph pump/filter was thinking or getting this one. any input would nbe GREAT.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: want to up upgrade for intex pump/filter

Welcome to tfp, goats

Many people have had great luck with the intex 2650 sand filter. Your pool should be fine with the higher flow rate.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mexico, MO

Make sure the pump & filter your buy comes with the large fittings. many sellers are not including them in their "upgrade" packages any more. Don't try to use these adapters, they will slip off and spray your pool water everywhere.

If you buy the upgrade package, these should be included.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW MO

I had the intex 1600 with a summer escapes 15' x 42" and it did an excellent job.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320