Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Opening Pool for Season

1. Back To Top    #1

Opening Pool for Season

Hello All!
    It looks as though winter is finally gone...84 degrees here in East TN...finally NO more SNOW! I just pulled the cover of our above ground pool and water was pristine! YAY! Now I just want to make sure I keep it that way...I need a little refreshing on start up-

I am currently filling the pool up from where it was drained for winter- Once I get it filled completely I will hook up pump, etc and start circulating-
    1. Do I go ahead once circulating and vacuum out and scrub down. There are very few leaves and debris on bottom pretty clean
    2. How long after it is circulating do I need to get my first water sample 24 hours?
    3. I will be testing CYA, FC, CC and PH- and will check others as needed?
    4. Once I get my numbers I can start topping up stabilizer and chlorine

As always..I just like to double check with you guys before I start to make sure I haven't forgot anything

Happy Spring
    21 ft Round Dough Boy
    3/4 horsepower Dough Boy PowerPak II pump
    Vinyl Liner
    baqua goo convert

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Opening Pool for Season

About an hour or so circulation is all you need. Everything else looks like you are on the money!
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

When testing the CYA do I need to let my water sit and get a little warmer than the temp it is now- it is probably around 60' degrees or so
    21 ft Round Dough Boy
    3/4 horsepower Dough Boy PowerPak II pump
    Vinyl Liner
    baqua goo convert

4. Back To Top    #4
    Elverson Pa.

I would let the sample come to room temp or put it in your pocket for awhile to warm it up a bit. 😎
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.