Spa Motor not working - Balboa power pack

May 13, 2011
Daphne AL
Spa Problem - motor

I have a Balboa spa pack. the 2 speed pump is not working but the 1 speed pump - pump 2 - is working fine. what i have done so far is changed the capacitor and checked the voltage to the pump. I have all voltage to the pump as perfect. here is another issue. In order to see if the pump was working, i took the wire on the spa pack that says pump 2 and switched it with pump 1. when i did that, the 2 speed pump came on when activated at the control panel.

so i know the pump is good, the control panel works fine for everything. the red dot even lights up when pump 1 is activated, its just the pump doesn't come on.

I could really use some tips here from you guys that have more experience. i am pretty fair with DIY and using volt meter.

Thanks in advance for everyones help.

Harold...

Sorry you did not get a response yet.

Sounds like both 2-speed and the single-speed pumps work when connected to switch for the single speed

Did you hook the single-speed pump to the switch for the 2-speed to try that?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.