Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spa Motor not working - Balboa power pack

1. Back To Top    #1

Spa Motor not working - Balboa power pack

Spa Problem - motor

I have a Balboa spa pack. the 2 speed pump is not working but the 1 speed pump - pump 2 - is working fine. what i have done so far is changed the capacitor and checked the voltage to the pump. I have all voltage to the pump as perfect. here is another issue. In order to see if the pump was working, i took the wire on the spa pack that says pump 2 and switched it with pump 1. when i did that, the 2 speed pump came on when activated at the control panel.

so i know the pump is good, the control panel works fine for everything. the red dot even lights up when pump 1 is activated, its just the pump doesn't come on.

I could really use some tips here from you guys that have more experience. i am pretty fair with DIY and using volt meter.

Thanks in advance for everyones help.

Sharkline Matrix 24' x 54" Round AG Pool,
    Pentair Sand Dollar SD60 Sand Filter System with 1-1/2HP Dynamo,
    15,000 gallons,
    Intex SWG CS8110
    T100 test kit
    Pump runs 10am to 10pm
    Pool in sun 24/7 - lower Alabama

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Spa Motor not working - Balboa power pack

Sorry you did not get a response yet.

Sounds like both 2-speed and the single-speed pumps work when connected to switch for the single speed

Did you hook the single-speed pump to the switch for the 2-speed to try that?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!