Please help identify part

jtech1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2009
I am looking for some help to hopefully identify a source for this part. It is the friction fit flange from a Color Cascade LED bubbler (Pentair and KBK). In order to remove the bubbler you have to pry out this fitting and it is nearly impossible to do without breaking it. Pentair sells the entire nozzle kit (590048). I have tried Pentair, and they say, go talk to a dealer. I only have one local (part time) retail dealer and can't get a return call from him. I tried an online site and found that they can special order the kit for $70. This is ridiculous for a $5 piece of plastic. And I need three of them. I an hoping that this piece was not special made for this bubbler, and I can find the manufacturer. Of course, Pentair was no help in giving me this info. The company line is to go talk to a dealer. It has no markings on it. The neck fits into the PVC bubbler pipe (has a bulge that makes tight fit with inside of pipe). The flange sits flush with the top of the LED bubbler, and the inside of the neck accepts one of two little plastic nozzles (push in vertical and rotate into place).

I have searched all over for this. I am hoping it is just a standard eyeball type fitting that I can buy for a lot cheaper than the $70 Pentair kit price, and would appreciate any help if you have seen something like this.

Attachments

• IMG_5791.JPG
    IMG_5791.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_5792.jpg
    IMG_5792.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_5793.jpg
    IMG_5793.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 115
Any suggestions? I will use any fitting that will fit inside a 1.5" PVC pipe and reduce the output so I can actually get some height on the bubbler. Oem piece would be nice but at this point anything will do. And flat/flush friction fit return fitting I can. Use? Mainly has to not be a tripping or toe stubbing hazard. What do regular non light bubblers use?

Pool kid, thanks for the info. Coincidently I found that part yesterday and have a few on order. Waterway confirmed that the sleeve does have the bulge like it appears in the picture and is friction for. No glue. I ordered white since I see no clear part number. But that should be fine. I will let everyone know if they work. Has to be other people on here using the color cascade bubblers. If this part works it will cost 4.95 vs the 70 dollar pentair kit.

Is there a special tool people use to remove friction fit return fittings from pipe without breaking them? Prying the flange seems to snap it.

No tool that I know of. It's supposed to be that friction fit without glue into the inside of 1.5" SCH40 PVC pipe. If it's been glued, you may have to use a hacksaw blade to split it from the inside and pry it inwards.

It has not been glued... just friction fit in... and to remove the bubblers I need to remove this piece first to get to the screws that hold the bubbler to the niche... and removing the fitting by prying the flange causes them to snap... so I was wondering if there is any tool that fits inside the fitting and allows you to pull them out.

I received the part above today...and it is an EXACT match for what I needed... with the exception of it being white and not clear. Waterway does not have a part number for a clear version. Is this a standard fitting that other companies make also?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.