Anyone bought an Intex pool from Walmart?

Spray them with the garden hose if they go near it! Cats love that!!! :goodjob:

I don't see anything about it that would be enticing to cats, but even if they did, the liner is pretty durable. I don't think it's likely that they could damage it. Go for it, they are fun little pools. We've gone from 10' Easy set to 12' Easy set to 14' Ultra frame to the 16' foot Ultra frame I just put up this past weekend.

I have a 12x14 from Wal-Mart or target. .....our outside cat has never bothered it.
We had a smaller intex with the blow up air baggy thingy....had our pit bull and Doberman jump up onto it a few times. Eventually they did puncture. .. but took a few times....and both had nails. ;)

Intex pools are prttey strong materials or liners.

Also...the paper filters can be rinsed. ...don't think you need to buy new ones.
I bought and extra one when we owned the paper filters.....so when I pulled dirty one out to rinse. ...I could throw clean one in.....so I didn't have to open pump twice.

I have a 26' intex. 3rd summer now. There is a family of stray cats that called my deck home for the past year. They have not done any damage to the pool. As others have stated the liner is very tough.a lot thicker than a traditional pool liner. The kitties have however left me a couple if kills on the deck. I guess they consider these "gifts" as payment in full for the use of my deck and the protection provided by my patio furniture covers.

I noticed yesterday that that the raw edges of the liner ( around the rod pockets ) is showing some fibers sticking up. Kind of makes me feel better knowing that there is some kind of extra something in there to strengthen the liner.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.