Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: could this be from a floating liner?

1. Back To Top    #1

could this be from a floating liner?

Hello all. I noticed over winter upon doing a quick check there was a sag right below the shallow end return jet. Didnt think too much of it at the time. But upon taking the cover off yesterday I noticed a star shaped set of small wrinkles in the shallow end bottom. Needless to say I was cussing up a storm. The winter here was a very wet one and spring has been the same. We have had about 8-10 inches of rain in the last month and a half alone. Any help or info on possible cause and fix is greatly appreciated.

16x32 vinyl in-ground pool.
    Approx 21,000 gallons.
    Hayward DE EC65 filter and Hayward super pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: could this be from a floating liner?

Yes, that does look like the liner floated, at least a little.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quite a few folks posting probs like yours very recently. I would be cussing up a storm too.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

I found the paperwork on the guy who did the install on the liner. Me and my wife just bought the house in march of 2013. The liner is only 3 years old so im hoping it wont be an issue it get these out.

I also wanted to ask since I stopped the opening process at removing my cover...lol. I checked my total alk and ph and fc awhile. FC is 1.5, Alk is 20!! And ph is 7.0. Is it ok to add some baking soda to get my alk up some without the pump and filter running yet? As long as I broadcast it evenly?
    Approx 21,000 gallons.

5. Back To Top    #5

just curious how would someone get something like this out?
    18x36 Inground 22000 gal Vinyl Lined sport pool \ P Pentair Intelliflo VS pump, Sta-rite 400SQ FT Cartridge filter, Pentair MasterTemp 250K HD Heater, Pentair SunTouch Control System, Pentair IC40 SWG, 2 Pentair Intellibrite 5G Lights, Pentair Intellibrite lite Controller, Pentair Kreepy Krauly 820 robot.

6. Back To Top    #6

I agree that it is probably from the liner floating some and then going back down.

7. Back To Top    #7

My old liner did that in a 3rd of my pool. I was never able to get it out... very frustrating. I did however continue for 4-5 years with it and never had a problem...
    IG Vinyl liner, 21,500G sport bottom, TR-60 sand filter, 3/4 HP Whisper Flow, BBB with 12.5% Liquid Chlorine

8. Back To Top    #8

I feel your pain, I'm dealing with this problem as we speak, had to drain pool to expose the shallow end and refit, it's so depressing

9. Back To Top    #9

You can certainly live with that *star* wrinkle but it'll collect dust n dirt. I know they're unsightly.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

FC is 1.5, Alk is 20!! And ph is 7.0. Is it ok to add some baking soda to get my alk up some without the pump and filter running yet? As long as I broadcast it evenly?
    It is quite a hassle to get chemistry evenly distributed in that size pool. Can you start circulating soon?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

11. Back To Top    #11

Im waiting to hear back from the contractor that did all the work in 2011. I keep getting the run around so I may have to go to the local pool store amd see whats up. There actually pretty decent but I still refuse to buy any chems from them. Only whats needed parts wise and etc
    Approx 21,000 gallons.

12. Back To Top    #12

Fix it Casey! You can do it!! I just did mine today and I'm a fairly new pool owner!

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKline View Post
    Fix it Casey! You can do it!! I just did mine today and I'm a fairly new pool owner!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I'm not fixing it! I'm sure Newbpooler will though!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

14. Back To Top    #14

I hated feeling self conscious ever time we had people over to swim. And our automatic Pool cleaner would get hung up on it

15. Back To Top    #15

When my pool was installed I had a couple of pretty good wrinkles. I took a plunger and lifted the liner on either side of them and smoothed them out. It's not hard at all. If I were you I would at least give it a shot.
    18' x 36' saltwater inground vinyl pool

16. Back To Top    #16

I
    ^that's what our pool looked like 2 days ago

^this us what it looks like now as I type this. I'm currently filling it back up

17. Back To Top    #17

Our pool company was going to charge $100 an hour labor, then at least 2 truck loads of water for them to set it @ $200 per truck load

18. Back To Top    #18

@ouachita- was your pool completely full when you were able to use a plunger? We still have two tiny crease going down our slope where we didn't drain our pool. I may try that. We have a weird plunger, I'm going to get buy a new one and test the sucking power on the store floor

19. Back To Top    #19

Newbpooler- are you going to address your ground water problem that caused this to keep it from happening? We plan to put in a sub pump in the ground below the level of our shallow end this summer!

20. Back To Top    #20

Erinkline im not sure yet. We have never had a winter and spring quite like this. Except in 1993 when we got 28" of snow dumped on us but I was only 10 lol. Ive definately considered it but dont know what would be involved as far as cost.
    Approx 21,000 gallons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast