could this be from a floating liner?

Hello all. I noticed over winter upon doing a quick check there was a sag right below the shallow end return jet. Didnt think too much of it at the time. But upon taking the cover off yesterday I noticed a star shaped set of small wrinkles in the shallow end bottom. Needless to say I was cussing up a storm. The winter here was a very wet one and spring has been the same. We have had about 8-10 inches of rain in the last month and a half alone. Any help or info on possible cause and fix is greatly appreciated.
1399218828839.jpg

1399218777856.jpg

I found the paperwork on the guy who did the install on the liner. Me and my wife just bought the house in march of 2013. The liner is only 3 years old so im hoping it wont be an issue it get these out.

I also wanted to ask since I stopped the opening process at removing my cover...lol. I checked my total alk and ph and fc awhile. FC is 1.5, Alk is 20!! And ph is 7.0. Is it ok to add some baking soda to get my alk up some without the pump and filter running yet? As long as I broadcast it evenly?

You can certainly live with that *star* wrinkle but it'll collect dust n dirt. I know they're unsightly. :(

FC is 1.5, Alk is 20!! And ph is 7.0. Is it ok to add some baking soda to get my alk up some without the pump and filter running yet? As long as I broadcast it evenly?
It is quite a hassle to get chemistry evenly distributed in that size pool. Can you start circulating soon?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Im waiting to hear back from the contractor that did all the work in 2011. I keep getting the run around so I may have to go to the local pool store amd see whats up. There actually pretty decent but I still refuse to buy any chems from them. Only whats needed parts wise and etc

When my pool was installed I had a couple of pretty good wrinkles. I took a plunger and lifted the liner on either side of them and smoothed them out. It's not hard at all. If I were you I would at least give it a shot.

@ouachita- was your pool completely full when you were able to use a plunger? We still have two tiny crease going down our slope where we didn't drain our pool. I may try that. We have a weird plunger, I'm going to get buy a new one and test the sucking power on the store floor :p

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Newbpooler- are you going to address your ground water problem that caused this to keep it from happening? We plan to put in a sub pump in the ground below the level of our shallow end this summer!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.