Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Forum for Homemade Solutions

1. Back To Top    #1

New Forum for Homemade Solutions

I would like to suggest a forum that would provide a central location for all of the homemade contraptions and other money saving tips/tricks that are scattered throughout the other forums. I was just in the market for a pool water leveler. I checked on Amazon. In the comments for the $110 pool leveler was a post that stated the leveler was pretty much a "Little Giant" trough-o-matic ($14) with some pvc piping to hold it in place. I bought the trough-o-matic and with some cpvc I had laying around....I made a nice little pool leveler. I've seen home made aerators on TPF and other stuff. I figure since TFP is all about good chemistry and saving money, a forum dedicated to "Doin' It For Less" is warranted. You could call it "Doin' It For Less" or "Homemade Heaven"....or have a little contest to name it. Just a suggestion.
    2013 HotSpring Grandee with Ace Sanitizing System
    25K IG vinyl pool with Alps spillover spa and waterfall. Build Date: June 2013
    Triton II TR100 Sand Filter, Pentair Master Temp 400 natural gas pool heater, Intellichlor SWG, Rainbow Chlorine Feeder
    Pentair VF filter pump, WhisperFlo 2 hp WFE-8 waterfall pump, WhisperFloFX 2 hp spillover spa pump
    Intellibrite 5G (2 pool and 1 in spa) lights :: TFT-100 test kit, Taylor K-1776 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Forum for Homemade Solutions

That pretty much covers the whole forum already!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes it does. I just know that on some threads....about page 6 of 14 .... a person will post a homemade gadget that accomplishes the task. Those are sometimes hard to find. Sometimes you don't even think about making something before you go out and buy one. A forum would allow users to easily peruse the different inventions in one centralized place.
    Triton II TR100 Sand Filter, Pentair Master Temp 400 natural gas pool heater, Intellichlor SWG, Rainbow Chlorine Feeder
    Pentair VF filter pump, WhisperFlo 2 hp WFE-8 waterfall pump, WhisperFloFX 2 hp spillover spa pump
    Intellibrite 5G (2 pool and 1 in spa) lights :: TFT-100 test kit, Taylor K-1776 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Are you volunteering to go out and find all those hidden gems to link to?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

I sure wouldn't envy anybody that job!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

Hey.....Rome wasn't built in a day. I figure most inventors are quite proud of their creations. They would populate the forum and over time it will contain most of the "hidden gems".

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

One of the most important goals on this website is to make it simpler and easier to navigate.

Adding forums won't help to that. We spend much more time discussing subtracting forums rather adding on additional complexity.

wpbucher, your thought is a good thought but my sincere hope is we will see less and less forums and divisions as we continually refine the site.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School