Time to open?

blaib

Jun 9, 2013
Morning everyone, I have a intex above ground pool that I left up all winter. We are in southwest Missouri and the forecasted temp today is 85 and looking very warm for the rest of the week. Just kind of curious when I should open this sucker up:D . This is my first year of having it up all winter. I know algae can be a problem if it get's very warm, Correct? Any advice greatly appreciated

Thank you
Brian

You want to open the pool before the water temperature gets to 60 degrees. Generally by the time the air temperature is 85 the water will already be 60, though that varies depending on what kind of weather you have been having.

Thank you, We have had a very cold nasty winter and several cold mornings. This is the first time of the year it has gotten this warm. I think I will plan to open very soon then.

Brian

I would open it up now and get things going. Algae likes it when water temp's hit 60. Not that it can't form below 60.
Test your water and get things balanced. I hope you have one of our recommended test kits and if you don't, do yourself a favor and invest in one.
If you need some advice on the water chemistry post a set of test results and we'll help ya out. ?

Thanks guys! I did open it today and good thing I did, it was starting to get some algae on the side where the water line was. Pool temp was right at 60, I shocked the **** out of it and cleaned pump is running full power ahead!:D

- - - Updated - - -

Now if I can keep the **** birds off of it, I think they were use to the winter cover and they liked to bath in it, Now they just sit on the edge and **** :( any ideas for this?

We use plastic snakes around the pool. Keeps birds away and gives the kids the tools to play gags on their unsuspecting friends.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.