I've always had a metals problem that lead to absorbic acid cleaning that i did annually. This year I pulled cover off and "ASSUMED" I was looking at metal stain. I had no chlorine and my water was balanced and I added 2 lbs AA and nothing happened. I then added 2 more pounds AA. Now I know than I am probably dealing with Organic stain which the AA doesn't help, But what is my next step - Do I need to wait out the absorbic acid for 5-7 days or can I start adding Chlorine and shock now? Slowly bring CHlorine level up? Should I add a sequestant for the AA?
I know I didn't start off right by indentifing the type of stain I have - just need advice on where I'm to go from here.