Leak where skimmer and return hose meet

troyc

May 3, 2014
Roanooke, VA
We just bought a house and it has an above-ground pool. We are in the process of 'opening' it for the summer and have found that water leaks where the return hose meets the bottom of the skimmer bucket. It leaks a lot. Not a drip but a pour.

It does this when air bubbles blow through the jet and if the pump is turned off. When the pump is turn off it gushes out. I am guessing there may be a crack or a very poor connection at that spot. It is kind of far back under the deck (the pump/filter is under the deck as well) We ran out of daylight and a interwebs search brought me here.

Other than a possible leak or loose connection, what else if anything could cause the water to pour out at that spot? Clogged line?
I can try to get images in the morning.

I have some experience with pump system from having reef aquariums

Thanks!

Hi, welcome to TFP! If you could post a picture of the problem that would help us figure out what is going on with your pool. I'm inclined to think it is a loose connection or a crack in the skimmer.

Pictures are worth a 1,000 words and can help emensly ins determining the problem. The more pics the better! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.