Chlorine produced by Hayward T-CELL-15

steveg_nh

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 7, 2013
Southern NH
I can't find any technical doc from Hayward explaining how much chlorine is produced by the cell per hour of runtime or whatever. I can't find any info, so trying to calibrate % output for my 8 hr daily run-time is a guess. Granted over time I can figure it out, but I'd like to know. Does anyone have this info, or know where to find it?

Thanks

So, Jason, correct me if I'm wrong. The math for my si-45 is 2lbs/ 24 hs@ 100% comes to 32oz. And if I run it for 6 hrs@40% , plugging that into pool math for my 24k pool, that comes to 1ppm generated/ day. And if I want to see what the sun or organics is burning up per day, i shut off my cell and discover my fc is decreasing 1ppm during the last 24 hrs I've essentially figured out how to get my fc to 5ppm from 8ppm is to turn off my cell for 3 days so, tomorrow, I need to turn it back on so it doesn't get any lower.

So if my math is right, I get 1.45ppm FC in an 8 hr period at 60%.

lbs Clorine Gas in 24 hrs @ 100%: 1.45
Oz. Chlorine Gas in 24 hrs @ 100%: 23.2
FC per 24 hrs for 24,800 gall pool: 7

Run Time (hrs): 8
% Output: 60%

FC ppm generated per Period 1.40

- - - Updated - - -

So sounds like I need to figure that out too timerguy, FC lost per 24 hr period, and make that up with my run time! Cool. up until now I've felt like I was just guessing on run time and % vs usage...

"Guessing" as you call it is the best approach. Doing math as you have been doing above can get you a good initial approximation, but the actual percentage required will vary over time. Once you are at all close, the best approach is to turn up the percentage when FC is low and turn down the percentage when FC is high.

Hayward advertises their chlorine production numbers fairly prominently. Some of the other brands numbers are more difficult to locate, though almost everyone lists it somewhere. This chart is a good place to start. They list a lot of brands/models, though not everything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.