bubbles from return

johnnyg

LifeTime Supporter
May 17, 2008
recently I've been getting a few bubbles from my return--I have occasionaly put liquid chlorine, a tad of 60% algecide and stabilizer in my skimmer, (not all at once),could this possibly be what it is?

There are a couple of ways air can get into the returns, but none of those chemicals would have anything to do with it.

There is sometimes air in the filter, which can take several days to come out if the filter started full of air.

If you have a SWG, it will create many tiny bubbles when it is active.

You might have a suction side air leak. One common place to look is the pump strainer basket lid, which might not be on correctly.

Welcome to TFP, Johnny!!

There is an article here in the Pool School section which might give you a few ideas - the leak, if it is a leak, is to be found on the suction side of the pump. Good luck with finding the source - if you need a little more help either finding the problem or repairing it - just ask here and we'll do our best (which is pretty darned good :-D )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.