Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: bubbles from return

1. Back To Top    #1

bubbles from return

recently I've been getting a few bubbles from my return--I have occasionaly put liquid chlorine, a tad of 60% algecide and stabilizer in my skimmer, (not all at once),could this possibly be what it is?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: bubbles from return

There are a couple of ways air can get into the returns, but none of those chemicals would have anything to do with it.

There is sometimes air in the filter, which can take several days to come out if the filter started full of air.

If you have a SWG, it will create many tiny bubbles when it is active.

You might have a suction side air leak. One common place to look is the pump strainer basket lid, which might not be on correctly.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I'll check those suggestions---THANX

4. Back To Top    #4

Coastalish 'down easter'

Welcome to TFP, Johnny!!

There is an article here in the Pool School section which might give you a few ideas - the leak, if it is a leak, is to be found on the suction side of the pump. Good luck with finding the source - if you need a little more help either finding the problem or repairing it - just ask here and we'll do our best (which is pretty darned good )
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)