Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lovely old pool needs remodeling

1. Back To Top    #1

Lovely old pool needs remodeling

Hi, fellow pool owners. We have a lovely, old, very functional pool. The decking is cracked and uneven, including around the edges of the pool. The tiles are coming off. Poor thing looks so shabby. but we love it! We do not want to put huge amounts of money into it. I need suggestions! We are in Texas where we can use the pool at least six months out of the year (it has a heater, but we don't want to spend that much on propane!) and the attached hot tub year round. Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: Lovely old pool needs remodeling

Would love to see pics! I love old pools.
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW PA

There have been many old pools rehabbed here and they are always a great read and gems! Please post pics of your beloved pool! We'd love to see it!

Welcome to TFP!!!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4
    DFW, Texas

Welcome to TFP! ^^^What they said about the pics. Lots of members have undertaken pool rehabs and can assist you with your questions & options.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.