What to adjust first?

itodd

Jul 15, 2013
Gastonia, NC
I have my pool setup now. I've added chlorine and cynauric acid. This is my second year with the pool. Last year I set it up late in the summer and didn't get too much time with it.

Below are the results of my TF-100 testing kit for my 4600 gallon Ultra Frame Intex Pool with SWG and 2500 gallon/hr pump.

FC: 2.5
CC: 0.5
TC: 3.0
TA: 60
CH: 40
CYA: 70

PH: ??

The pH is below 6.8 so I know I need to get that up.

What do I focus on first??

I focused on getting my pH, FC, and CYA right first. Until CYA was where I wanted it, I of course was adding bleach each day as it lost it quick in the sunlight. That FC level is low for that CYA value too, so get FC up quick. Even though you have a SWG, you can still supplement with bleach. Did you see the table in Pool School, showing FC to CYA levels?

What FC level do you think I should be trying to reach?

I focused on getting my pH, FC, and CYA right first. Until CYA was where I wanted it, I of course was adding bleach each day as it lost it quick in the sunlight. That FC level is low for that CYA value too, so get FC up quick. Even though you have a SWG, you can still supplement with bleach. Did you see the table in Pool School, showing FC to CYA levels?

Okay here are the newest numbers:

FC: 4
CC: 0
TC: 4
TA: 90
CH: 60
CYA: 60

PH: closer to 6.8 than prior day.

Going to add more soda ash to get the pH up. Any other suggestions?

I have my pool setup now. I've added chlorine and cynauric acid. This is my second year with the pool. Last year I set it up late in the summer and didn't get too much time with it.

Below are the results of my TF-100 testing kit for my 4600 gallon Ultra Frame Intex Pool with SWG and 2500 gallon/hr pump.

FC: 2.5
TC: 3.0
TA: 60
CH: 40
CYA: 70

PH: ??

The pH is below 6.8 so I know I need to get that up.

What do I focus on first??

Here are the results of my latest test:

FC: 11
TC: 11.5
TA: 100
CH: 50
CYA: 60

PH: 7.5

Any suggestions or are my levels good at this point? I realize the chlorine is high but that will drop. Do I need to add some more cynauric acid??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The salt reading is 3130. I was thinking I needed to increase the CYA a little. I'm always a little iffy when doing the CYA test (do I see the dot or do I not see the dot is always the question). The CYA has been in for a week now. I'm chlorinating with the SWG now. I started with bleach but now just the SWG. I will test the CYA again and then add some if I get 60 (using the pool calculator to determine how much).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.