Jandy AquaPure 1400/Harward EcoStar SP3400VSP

Csalet

May 3, 2014
United States
I recent had my Jandy single speed pump replaced with a EcoStar SP3400VSP.. The installer configure it so the Jandy Aquapure 1400 is always on and scheduled the pump to running for approx 6 hours a day @ various speeds. Is it ok to leave the Aquapure on all the time? My concerns is that it will decrease the life of the SWG.

Thanks

Welcome to TFP!

It is not a lifetime issue, rather it is a safety issue. The SWG should turn it's self off any time there is no water flow. However if the flow sensor were to fail, which does happen, there would be an explosion hazard (the SWG produces explosive hydrogen gas when there is no water flow).

The solution is to have either an automation system, or a current controlled relay, which turns off the SWG when the pump is not running.

Welcome to TFP!

It is not a lifetime issue, rather it is a safety issue. The SWG should turn it's self off any time there is no water flow. However if the flow sensor were to fail, which does happen, there would be an explosion hazard (the SWG produces explosive hydrogen gas when there is no water flow).

The solution is to have either an automation system, or a current controlled relay, which turns off the SWG when the pump is not running.

Wow that does sound dangerous. What is your recommendation use a timer or current controlled relay? My dial timer is inline with the pump the installer just removed the start and stop pins. I can easy schedule it to turn on SWG and Pump (Need to check the pump manual on how to) or is the current control relay the better way to go.. Any input to product/model relay would help.

Thanks for the quick response, I'm glad I found this forum..

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.