Should I add liquid chlorine or let SWG handle it?

May 23, 2010
Arizona
Hello,

I have installed a new SWG - Hayward Swimpure Plus with t-15 salt cell. Today morning I did start it for the first time.
My SWG is set at 50%. The salt level is currently at 3200 ppm. This tested by using the Aquachek test strips. The instant salinity indicator on the diagnostics display on the Swimpure plus equipment is at -3400.

FC is at 1. (color matches 1-2 on the comparator and is showing 1 based on the chlorine drop test)
The question is - should I add liquid chlorine to get FC up to 3 - 5 ppm?

My Other numbers:

TA - 100
CYA - 70
pH - 7.2
CH - Not tested yet - but should be high.

I am thinking that the lower pH should rise and bring down the TA to an optimal level of 60-80 ppm. I have a water feature through which the water does flow back to the pool and gets aerated in that process. This should help me in getting the TA down. Please do let me know if my approach is wrong.

All of the test results are based on TFTestkits. I re-ordered the chemicals for this season.

Thanks in advance.

ifmx4ever

Mentally prepare yourself for still having to add LC. Mine went lime green a few times before I figured it out.

As far as setting goes you'll have to feel it out. After awhile you'll get it pegged down. Mine is happy at around 30% most of the time. It can vary with bather load and how much junk gets blown in from the wind storms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.