Feb 28, 2014
santa barbara, california
FC - 5
CC -0
pH - 7.7
TA -110
CH -400
CYA -35+-

Had our pool re-plastered 3/6/14. I found the TFP site while searching for info regarding startup procedure sand decided to give the TFP method a try, I'm a true believer now! I was previously going to the pool supply store(Leslie in my case), taking my water for testing, buying what they told me to and then blindly trying to figure out how to get rid of algae, keep the water clear, etc. Boy was I ignorant!

I now have my pool dialed in pretty well and more importantly have a basic understanding of the what and why of it. Since its a new plaster job I have to add 1 cup muriatic acid(+-) a day to keep the pH level where I want it, as well as adding 3-4cups of chlorine(depending on sun/heat and bather load) and so far its just about as easy as that. I check the pH and chlorine level daily, do a full test using the TF-100 kit once a week, vacum once a week and brush every other day. I may raise the CYA a bit but thats about the only change I foresee.

A big thank you to all who share their knowledge here and make having a TROUBLE FREE POOL a reality. Being our "pool service" I really appreciate the results my efforts(minimal) show now, very rewarding. The most amazing thing to me is the total lack of any chlorine smell from the water or on my skin after swimming(0 CC!!), what a treat!

thanks again,

Brian

:nopic::nopic:

- - - Updated - - -

:wink::wink:

:salut:

IMG_6341_zps5bb6465c.jpg

IMG_6342_zps9868c0c1.jpg

Please excuse the messy pool area, remodeling the little pool house so some things are out on the deck. 10' deep end, water pretty crystal(visible white lines are pollen on water surface) Worthy now:cool:? Our house is between the mtns in the background(La Cumbre Peak,4000', about 2 miles as the crow flies) and the Pacific Ocean(about 2 miles as the crow flies the other way) in lovely(except for the cost of living:( )Santa Barbara

thanks, Brian

Just look at that beautiful water and that view of the mountains! Gorgeous!!! Congratulations!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.