1. Back To Top    #1

Wow, loving the TFP method!

FC - 5
    CC -0
    pH - 7.7
    TA -110
    CH -400
    CYA -35+-

Had our pool re-plastered 3/6/14. I found the TFP site while searching for info regarding startup procedure sand decided to give the TFP method a try, I'm a true believer now! I was previously going to the pool supply store(Leslie in my case), taking my water for testing, buying what they told me to and then blindly trying to figure out how to get rid of algae, keep the water clear, etc. Boy was I ignorant!

I now have my pool dialed in pretty well and more importantly have a basic understanding of the what and why of it. Since its a new plaster job I have to add 1 cup muriatic acid(+-) a day to keep the pH level where I want it, as well as adding 3-4cups of chlorine(depending on sun/heat and bather load) and so far its just about as easy as that. I check the pH and chlorine level daily, do a full test using the TF-100 kit once a week, vacum once a week and brush every other day. I may raise the CYA a bit but thats about the only change I foresee.

A big thank you to all who share their knowledge here and make having a TROUBLE FREE POOL a reality. Being our "pool service" I really appreciate the results my efforts(minimal) show now, very rewarding. The most amazing thing to me is the total lack of any chlorine smell from the water or on my skin after swimming(0 CC!!), what a treat!

thanks again,

Brian
    15,000 ig plaster (kidney shape approx 30'x16'), Hayward 1.5hp "Max-flo" pump, Hayward DE filter(48 sq. ft effective filtration area, 96gpm, 6lbs DE), TF-100 Santa Barbara, CA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wow, loving the TFP method!

Congratulations on taking control!
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

That's what TFP is all about! You came, you learned, and you took control

TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

- - - Updated - - -

15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_R View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Please excuse the messy pool area, remodeling the little pool house so some things are out on the deck. 10' deep end, water pretty crystal(visible white lines are pollen on water surface) Worthy now? Our house is between the mtns in the background(La Cumbre Peak,4000', about 2 miles as the crow flies) and the Pacific Ocean(about 2 miles as the crow flies the other way) in lovely(except for the cost of living )Santa Barbara

thanks, Brian
    15,000 ig plaster (kidney shape approx 30'x16'), Hayward 1.5hp "Max-flo" pump, Hayward DE filter(48 sq. ft effective filtration area, 96gpm, 6lbs DE), TF-100 Santa Barbara, CA

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you! Is your brush pole long enough to rescue your thermometer?
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

7. Back To Top    #7

THAT is clear water! Beautiful view too!
    SwimNPlay AG 15x33 oval 48" high 12k gallons - Used pool set up July 2013
    Hayward sand filter, Sta-Rite 3/4 HP pump
    Kleen Machine Robot, TF-100 test kit
    Central NC

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_R View Post
    Thank you! Is your brush pole long enough to rescue your thermometer?
    Yep......guess its time to find/get a float for it(wine bottle cork I was using disappeared last week, dang those kids!).

Brian

9. Back To Top    #9

Just look at that beautiful water and that view of the mountains! Gorgeous!!! Congratulations!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

10. Back To Top    #10

Your pool area is clean compared to mine! Fantastic looking pool. You have done very well. Thank you for the post and the pics.