trying to kill the algae...

May 2, 2014
Jacksonville, NC
Hello. My name is Sandy and I am new here. Nice to meet you guys! I'm also new to the BBB Method as well.

So my above ground pool has algae. I have been following the instructions listed in pool school. I corrected Ph level first, to 7.2 and cya is at 80. Pool size is 12,800 gallons. Started the bleach, 5 jugs at first (8.25%, 121oz jug). I have the Taylor k2005 test kit. FC started rising slightly. On the 4th round of testing, the FC did not register at all. I did the test 2 times. Both times, upon mixing, the test water is clear...

Please help, I'm so confused now.
Thanks guys!

Let me welcome you to the friendliest pool care site on the net!

The K-2005 cannot measure above 5 ppm FC. That is why we recommend the TF-100 or it's little brother, the k-2006. both have the FAS-DPD. This is able to register up to 50 ppm.

Do you have a SWG? If not, you might be better off doing a partial drain to reduce your CYA, and then start the SLAM.

- - - Updated - - -

Could you help us to help you?

Please fill out your signature with the info about your pool and equipment, as shown here: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/115-read-before-you-post.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.