Need a sand filter only 32" high

RH60

Jul 12, 2012
Richmond, Va.
About time to replace my 25 year old Jacuzzi brand sand filter, model MFM17. But my problem is I have it under my deck and need one that only 32" or less.
AGP 18 ft round that's buried part way in the ground. Have a trap door in deck to get to the pump and filter.

Trying to stay away from having to bury the sand filter part way in the ground. Then how would I drain it.
Also now have a 3/4 hp pump and filter I have now takes 115 lbs of sand

Any suggestions

Thanks

About time to replace my 25 year old Jacuzzi brand sand filter, model MFM17. But my problem is I have it under my deck and need one that only 32" or less.
AGP 18 ft round that's buried part way in the ground. Have a trap door in deck to get to the pump and filter.

Trying to stay away from having to bury the sand filter part way in the ground. Then how would I drain it.
Also now have a 3/4 hp pump and filter I have now takes 115 lbs of sand

Any suggestions

Thanks

Think I found one. Is this a good brand? Pentair Sta-Rite 145359 Cristal-Flo II they also have a Pentair SD35 sand Dollar. Also what is the difference between a AG or IG sand filter. I thought they were the same.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.