old pool new member.

hhanna

Apr 28, 2014
Coolidge, AZ.
I am caring for an old pool, Parents 93, fired the pool service, shocked with diclor and brushed to rid of green algae then I found you. I have been using pucks to chlorinate but I will now change to liquid. Water is clear now, algae gone and test kit arrived yesterday. Readings today temp 68 f, FC 7, CC 0, Ch 725, TA190, CYA 150, fill water from hose PH 7.5, CH 400, TA 180. Used poolmath as best as I can figure out how to use it and it said replace 73% of pool water and I need to add 1 QT 2 cups MA. Pool drain is plugged I think and am presently digging up skimmer line looking for air leak. Have found and fixed 1 leak and can now use the auto pool vac and am able to keep pool clean. I would like your opinions and thoughts on this. Changing water will be a challenge.
Thanks Howard

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!!

How did you get the CYA of 150ppm? Clearly you need to replace a significant amount of water to get the CYA under control.

You did not list the pH for the pool, but I would likely start with replacing water.

Easiest to buy a cheap submersible pump (Harbor Freight) or rent one to do the draining. In AZ, you do not want to leave the plaster exposed to the sun without water for very long at all.

Ops. PH 7.8 sorry. I'm getting old. Thanks for quick response. I have started searching for rental pump and have found one in Casa Grande for about $55 a day 4320 gph. 50 miles round trip. Will read up on Calsaway when I get more time. Thanks for the suggestions, they helped.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.