After 3 years, my Kreepy Krauly Classic is acting strange and I cannot seem to figure out why. With the pump off, the cleaner sits flat on the bottom, and the body and hose are generally at 45 degrees as per the manufacturers suggested weighting of the hose. However, as soon as the pump starts, the whole body of the cleaner leans to one side. It is not in the axis of the hose being too high or to low, but perpendicular to the hose/body of the cleaner.
It will gradually skid along the bottom, but as its leaning over to one side, it never gets suction. If I force it level it will regain suction and clean as normal until it falls from a side, or hits the stairs, or something causes it to lose suction (as is normal). After that, it never regains suction again as it just leans over and skids around.
- I have checked all the moving parts and everything seems to move with ease.
- I cannot see anything blocked in the flapper
- I removed an in-line hose basket
- I've shifted the hose weights a little to see if it had any effect, but nothing
- It uses a sectional hose, so I switched up the order of pieces, but there does not seem to be any memory in the overall hose
- I have tried a wide variety of pump RPM's, but no difference, just changes the speed it skids around on its side.
- I thought maybe the dive floats were rotten on one side (causing buoyancy on the other), so I replaced the entire dive float, but no change.
Any ideas on problem parts to replace, or other ides why it would suddenly lean to one side as soon as the pump turns on? It almost seems like the suction torques the whole body to one side.