$$$ expiring today - Need pump/filter advice ASAP

bobct1

Apr 29, 2014
CT
I have a couple of ebay bucks expiring today that I'd like to put to good use. I am about to purchase an AGP... most likely a 24'x52", but have yet to pull the trigger. I'd like to go with a cartridge filter, and from what I've read so far, it's best to go with a larger filter without over-sizing the pump. The recommendations that I've seen so far for the size pool that I am considering is a 150 sq ft filter minimum, and a pump with a 1hp motor.

This pump seems to be highly recommended:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hayward-Pow...572?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b330195c

A couple of pump/filter combos that I am considering:

The Hayward XStream seems to have better recommendations... but I like the fact that the Waterways have a 2 speed pump. The Hayward combo does not seem to have the option to come with the 2 speed pump that I linked to above. Would the 1.5HP motor in the combos be too much?

Any insight/recommendations that you have would be greatly appreciated. Also, I am set on those specific brands, so let me know if there is something else that I should be considering.

Thank you!

Not much. Modular three's do not have a very good reputation. From what I hear they are PITA to clean and are damaged easily.

But I would agree with BR. The 200 sqft Waterway has a two speed and the largest filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.