Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Mint green pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Mint green pool

This year my pool cover was trashed by the snow and weather in GA. So cover was off most of the winter. This resulted in an YUCK brown/green pool. I have used TFP method and with great success. So started hitting hard with bleach. My pool is now minty green and has been last 3-4 days. Sweeping, vacuuming and back washing filter. CYA 50, and following CYA shock chart to get my Shock level to 20. This AM FC at 19.5 this is the first day my OCLT did not drop more than 1. My question is how long do I keep the FC level at 20? Or stay this high until pool is clear?
    Ive been running pump 24 / 7 except when we had severe storms the other night and the pump was only off about 6 hours.
    kbpool
    AG,vinyl
    cartridge filter
    Waterways, 1.5 HP pump 2 speed

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Mint green pool

Is it cloudy minty green or clear minty green?

If it's cloudy, keep the FC level up until that filter gets things. If it's clear but green, it may be iron in the water precipitating out because of the high FC level.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Its cloudy, minty green.
    kbpool
    AG,vinyl
    cartridge filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by kbpool View Post
    Its cloudy, minty green.
    Well, the pool is not clear, so you need to maintain the SLAM. Don't forget to brush, it helps mix things up.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

You may need to clean your cartridge filter more often too! ... Not sure if you are cleaning it during this already.
    SwimNPlay AG 15x33 oval 48" high 12k gallons - Used pool set up July 2013
    Hayward sand filter, Sta-Rite 3/4 HP pump
    Kleen Machine Robot, TF-100 test kit
    Central NC

6. Back To Top    #6

yep cleaning filter regularly. will cont with keeping level at 20 and go from there.
    thanks
    kbpool
    AG,vinyl
    cartridge filter