Need a recommendation for an automatic pool cleaner.

zhenya

Gold Supporter
Sep 15, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I guess my question is similar to many others. I am tried of fighting with my MX8 and ready to switch to an automatic cleaner. My pool is a free form about 40 x 20. Deep end is about 8ft. I've been eyeing Polaris 9550. One feature that was appealing to me is the remote control. what drives me crazy the most is that MX8 will leave debris in some areas and will never have a completely clean pool.

does anyone have experience with Polaris cleaners? any experience with this model? is it worth the cost?

I dont have a Polaris, but my friends do. He loves the thing. He has had it for 3 years and had a couple of minor issues.
First one what one of the wheels fell off. He took it the pool store he bought it from and its an easy fix.
Second one I dont remember what it was, but was also very minor.

Thanks Schumaker for the rebate info. If you read the fine print the rebate doesn't include the newer robots. It is very misleading advertising. I think Polaris wants to get rid of their older models, thus the rebate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.