Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need a recommendation for an automatic pool cleaner.

1. Back To Top    #1

Need a recommendation for an automatic pool cleaner.

I guess my question is similar to many others. I am tried of fighting with my MX8 and ready to switch to an automatic cleaner. My pool is a free form about 40 x 20. Deep end is about 8ft. I've been eyeing Polaris 9550. One feature that was appealing to me is the remote control. what drives me crazy the most is that MX8 will leave debris in some areas and will never have a completely clean pool.

does anyone have experience with Polaris cleaners? any experience with this model? is it worth the cost?
    27K gal, IG pebble, Jandy JEP2.0 VS ePump, Jandy DEV60 filter, Jandy SW with ChemLink C1900, Zodiak MX8 vacuum
    The pool was repiped and new equipment installed Nov 2013.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need a recommendation for an automatic pool cleaner.

I ordered a polaris 9550 today,from Pool Supply World. They have the best price, and it has a 2 year warranty. Comes with a caddy and motion sensing remote for $1149.00
    19x36 IG plaster/Sta-Rite 1hp pump/Sta-Rite cartridge filter/wood burning heater/Legend cleaner3/4hp pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. Do you mind posting your experience once you get it. i see it for the same price at few places and very tempted.
    27K gal, IG pebble, Jandy JEP2.0 VS ePump, Jandy DEV60 filter, Jandy SW with ChemLink C1900, Zodiak MX8 vacuum
    The pool was repiped and new equipment installed Nov 2013.

4. Back To Top    #4

I will post my experience for you. It is scheduled to arrive on May 8th.
    19x36 IG plaster/Sta-Rite 1hp pump/Sta-Rite cartridge filter/wood burning heater/Legend cleaner3/4hp pump

5. Back To Top    #5

http://www.polarispool.com/Rebate/Ti...FS9o7AodwhkArA

There is a 200 dollar rebate going.

6. Back To Top    #6

I dont have a Polaris, but my friends do. He loves the thing. He has had it for 3 years and had a couple of minor issues.
    First one what one of the wheels fell off. He took it the pool store he bought it from and its an easy fix.
    Second one I dont remember what it was, but was also very minor.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks Schumaker for the rebate info. If you read the fine print the rebate doesn't include the newer robots. It is very misleading advertising. I think Polaris wants to get rid of their older models, thus the rebate.