installing Hayward Max Flo 1HP, simple wiring question

Apr 18, 2014
Vancouver Island
Just got my new Max Flo 1HP single speed pump today and getting it connected. Have the 12/2 wire for the 110V set up. Got my black, white and ground. Simple question, but need some confirmation since the manual has little info. The connections are labeled L1 and L2. Which one is the hot (black)???

Much appreciated!

Checked that. Maybe I made an assumption on 110? The motor runs through a timer box that's 110, so it would have to be all 110 correct? One breaker...wire gauge already in there is 14....which according to the manual is recommended for 230....confused.

On the electrical tag on the motor it will have a box with the voltage and one with the amps numbers. Can you post what those are? Most times, motors, if they are a dual voltage, are set for 240. There is usually a jumper or a wire that has to be moved to set it for 120. This is if the motor is set up for dual voltage. What is the model number of the pump?
Don't know what to tell you about the timer box unless you can show us a picture of the inside of it. We may be able to tell if it set for 240 or 120.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.