Dumb intellichlor question

gatorbrit

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 22, 2013
Raleigh,NC
I just had an intellichlor 40 installed in my pool. Last year I was running the pool with the BBB method (thanks TFP!!!). Anyhow - does this thing turn off? Do all the lights go off or does it just stay with the no-flow red light when the pump is off.

Also, is there a way to force it to do a salt check. It says it does one when it is first turned on and every 12 hours of usage. Do I need to unplug it or switch off the breaker to trick it into starting up again and doing a salt check?

Thanks

Rich

The IntelliChlor can be installed different ways. Generally if you have a Pentair automation system some light is always on, while if you are running off of a simple timer it is completely turned off when the pump is off.

Why do you need to "trick it into doing a salt check"? Just wait 24 hours and it will have updated.

One way I do a salt check is use a Pentair IntelliWand, small USB connected "pen like device" which I point at the green row of LEDs and it opens up a report on the laptop in about 20 seconds. Gives other useful data also including total hours by mode and more

I have an IC40 with the EasyTouch panel. Mine was just installed last week, so I'm definitely not an expert. To check the salt level using the EasyTouch panel, turn on your pump and allow the IC40 to show all green lights–this can take up to 2 minutes while the SWG is running a self-test. Open your EasyTouch panel and press the "Mode" button (it can take a few seconds for the EasyTouch system to respond to button pushes/requests-be patient!), then press the "Up" arrow until you see the "Diagnostics" selection. Press the "Select" button and then press the "Down" arrow until you see "Chlorinator." Press the "Select" arrow and you'll see something like this:

Chlorinator
Salt Level:3200ppm
[OK-NO ERRORS]

From what I understand, the IC40 does a salt check each time it starts up. You can read this value AFTER the IC40's panel shows all green lights. If you are getting a constant "red" light you may need more salt or your IC40 needs to be cleaned. Can you be more specific as to which red light is on? Better yet, how about a picture?

BTW, you can download an EasyTouch manual from the Pentair website: http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/EasyTouchICPUG.pdf

Good luck! :swim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.