Recommendation for a Pool Builder on Long Island

Hey bigjoe. I had a pool put in by Swim-King in 2001. I had gotten quotes from Dunrite, South Shore pools, and one other that I can't remember right now. I went with Swim-King for several reasons. Being that the walls were 4 foot poured concrete it enabled the water level in the shallow end to be 6 inches higher than in a standard meta wall pool construction. I also liked that instead of getting standard fiberglass steps, I was able to get poured concrete steps the whole width of the pool, covered with liner. It looks great!

As far as their service, they came when they said they would and finished about 2 days faster than their estimate. If memory serves it was about 3 weeks from start to finish, and the bulk of that time was waiting for the liner to be fabricated. Small issues over the years have been handled in a timely fashion.

Pricewise, they were competitive with the other outfits, I just got a better feeling from Swim-King. PM me if you want to know exact costs.

Tom

Hi -

Can anyone recommend a pool builder for an In-Ground Pool out on Long Island (in NY). In particular has anyone heard of South Shore Pools or Swim-King, and, if so, what are your thoughts with respect to them. Thank you.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner!

My pool was done by South Shore. Steve and patti are great, couldn't have made it easier! The construction was done well and he has a great crew!

Their signature is deep end steps and glad I went with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.