Offline Automatic Chlorinator

Packman04

LifeTime Supporter
May 16, 2013
I am having a new sand filter installed next week and on the quote from the pool service he's included the Rainbow Automatic Chorinator #300 ($90.00 installed). My first thought since I do use the TFP method was to say no as I do know what the consequences are of using pucks and adding approx 2.0ppm of CYA to the pool per day and I don't want that obvisously. But then my second thought was that we do like to do a fair amount of travelling and next year I know that we will be out of the country for a 2 week stretch in the middle of summer so maybe I should have it installed for those times.

My question is: This is an offline feeder so do I need to keep it full of pucks or can I leave it empty, continue using the BBB method, and then only fill it with pucks when I know we will be out of town for more than 3 days at a time?

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.