Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Offline Automatic Chlorinator

1. Back To Top    #1

Offline Automatic Chlorinator

I am having a new sand filter installed next week and on the quote from the pool service he's included the Rainbow Automatic Chorinator #300 ($90.00 installed). My first thought since I do use the TFP method was to say no as I do know what the consequences are of using pucks and adding approx 2.0ppm of CYA to the pool per day and I don't want that obvisously. But then my second thought was that we do like to do a fair amount of travelling and next year I know that we will be out of the country for a 2 week stretch in the middle of summer so maybe I should have it installed for those times.

My question is: This is an offline feeder so do I need to keep it full of pucks or can I leave it empty, continue using the BBB method, and then only fill it with pucks when I know we will be out of town for more than 3 days at a time?

16' x 37' Rectangular Guinite Pool w/ autocover 21,000 gallons.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Offline Automatic Chlorinator

You can leave it empty until you need it. Or you could just get some floaters.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!