[FYI] Sunplay.com Seems to Have the Best Prices on Robots

Apr 2, 2014
Indiana
I finally convinced myself today I needed a pool robot and it seems like the Dolphin Nautilus is the best choice. I did some Google Shopping to find the lowest price and somehow I ended up at sunplay.com, despite my not being able to find their link again through Google Shopping.

Regardless, they were the cheapest I found with the Nautilus at $589 with no tax and free shipping. They have free shipping on all orders over $75. Saved $30 over Amazon. I did some price comparisons on some other cleaners and they seem to be cheaper then Amazon on all their pool cleaners - even $70 cheaper on the Dolphin Triton.

This is the first I've ever heard of them but they have excellent ratings and are one of Google's Trusted Stores, meaning they (Google) will protect your order up to $1,000. So SunPlay must be legit. Still, I've just today placed my order so I can't vouch for them yet. I will be back with an update, though.

So, anyone looking - check them, too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent point! I did see that a day or so ago on another retailer's site and had forgotten. I'm not sure where I would even buy one in person since the pool stores don't carry the Nautilus around here. Maybe they could have ordered me one but the higher price plus tax would mean at least $100 more out of pocket.

I wonder why that is...

EDIT: Sunplay does say 12 month warranty as one of the "features"... I wonder if that is accurate. Sent an email to sunplay to find out!

Saved to my favorites to check out later! Thanks for posting!

How hard is it to clean the filters? I have a blue pearl that I have had for years that uses a bag filter, unfortunately it just stopped working. Do you know how often you need to replace these filter grids and how much do they cost?

Cleaning the filters is a snap, literally. Just flip the two tabs and pull out the assembly, then pop off the filters. It comes with screen filters that should last forever as well as cloth? filters like an automotive air filter for getting the fine stuff. I don't know how long they last or the replacement cost but I've cleaned them about 10 times now and they still look perfect.

Overall I like the little guy. The only thing that bugs me is it seems like it goes too fast for its own good. It doesn't grab everything when it runs over a dirty spot but blows some of it out the back. Oh, the power light doesn't turn off, turn a different color, blink, etc when it's done cleaning! You have to stand and stare at the robot for a bit to see if it's not going to move anymore to tell when it's done, lol. Would have been nicer if the power LEDs would turn from blue to green when the cycle was done.

I think for the price it's an excellent little robot. It may take two cycles to get the pool completely clean and has a few little quirks but it's half the price of the expensive robots and ultimately does do a good job.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.