Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new plaster startup reassurance

1. Back To Top    #1

new plaster startup reassurance

glad i got this 100 test kit, strips were off somewhat as every always says!

I'm on day 5, water filled late saturday, i've been brushing twice daily, 95% of dust seems gone, i rarely see any brushing now.

I maintained ph < 7.8 it started jumping daily now so i'm testing each day and adding small batches of ph down if needed i'm around 7.5 now
    TA is around 120.

Plasterer said wait a week for stabilizer/chlorine but reading marbletite startup docs they only really mention 72 hours or until no more dusting. TFP docs
    pretty much seem more inline with the plaster company

so today i've slowly started introducing stabilizer and chlorine, no big batches just a bit at a time. stabilier with a sock and only a 10ppm dose, and i'm letting a puck dissolve as i need to increase stabilizer and chlorine slowly (and good opportunity to use up a puck or so as i won't be using those again regullarly!)

calcium test i'm around 200, my first test on that with the kit may be off, but i'm sure it's 200 or above (florida water) and test strips are always on the 200-250 range. I imagine this will increase as the plaster cures too?

Sound like i'm on track?
    1987 16k gallons IG, Marbletire Marquis, ,Pentair superflo 1hp, Hayward s244t, Chlorine (working on stenner setup)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: new plaster startup reassurance

Yes.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Awesome thanks folks! I'll take a deep breath and relax a few minutes =)
    1987 16k gallons IG, Marbletire Marquis, ,Pentair superflo 1hp, Hayward s244t, Chlorine (working on stenner setup)

5. Back To Top    #5

Good job!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem