Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Frogs frogs frogs

1. Back To Top    #1

Frogs frogs frogs

I am being over run by frogs my igp was there home for over two yeas now while the house we just bought set vacant.what can I do too get rid of the little hoppers?? Any and all suggestions appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Frogs frogs frogs

A frog leg BBQ!

This will be a *bring your own event except for the frogs!

Invite your friends!
    Bring your own beer, BB guns and BBQ sause!

Oh man... this could be so much fun!!!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Sounds like a hopping good time

4. Back To Top    #4

Oh, I'm sure it would be!!!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

We get tons of frogs! More of them than anything else but we also have had mice, voles, a bird and two snakes. We've only had the pool less than a year too!
    Completed 7/3/13 - 26000gal, IG 20x40 "sport", Vinyl, SWG - Aqua Rite w/ T-15 cell, Ecostar Pump, Hayward sand filter, dual skimmers and 3 returns, 2" pipe

6. Back To Top    #6

My Wife just found 7 dead frogs in our traps today. This is after me buying 2 frog ramps and have 3 rafts floating in the pool so they have something to climb onto. She wants to drop the water level below the traps which i had to tell how the pool works. I am thinking of putting chicken wire in front of the traps at least for the rest of the season.
    27k gal, IG gunite, 1hp Century A.O. Smith pool pump,Triton II Sand Filter, Polaris PB4-60 3/4 HP, Polaris 380 cleaner, Hayward CL200 Chlorinator.

7. Back To Top    #7

Night before last I apparently had a frog concert going on that had been obviously posted on the "FREE FROGGY Concert-All Welcome" website. It was deafening! The next day me and my daughter sprinkled about 20 lbs of pool salt all around the perimeter of the pool and low and behold not a peep last night! We are fighting to keep this pool clear that we are renovating. Getting some leaks repaired Wednesday in the return jet. Hopefully once the pump is able to run we will have less frogs in attendance,LOL!