Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Itellichlor

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Itellichlor

Our Intellichlor stopped working last summer. I've cleaned it, 3x. I tried using tablets/liquid, but my wife would prefer going back to salt water generator system. Talked to Pentair and they said check the voltage and make sure your getting correct power to unit so I'll be doing that tomorrow. If it does turn out I have to buy a new unit, after installing it, how should I run it? High for 24hrs? Or just set up normal schedule? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Itellichlor

How old is it, and what status lights are you seeing?

It is best to bring all chemicals up to their normal levels manually, and then program the SWG for a normal schedule/percentage when starting up a SWG.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I believe the pool was installed in 2010.(We didn't install the pool, previous home owners did). So sometime within that year. Very little to none documentation was left for us.

4. Back To Top    #4

It could well be worn out. The cells typically last three to five years. But without knowing at least the status lights readout it is impossible to guess if that is the issue or something else.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School