Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What kind of pool is it?

1. Back To Top    #1

What kind of pool is it?

Sorry folks I know you get asked this a lot. I bought a 30' x 52" above ground pool today. It needs a new liner but everything else is in good shape. Just needs a good cleaning as it has been stored in a shed. The pool is about 8 years old. Its is a steel pool wall but uprights, top rails. and bottom track are aluminum. The guy that had it was told it was a Johnny Weissmuller but even I know its not. As a Johnny is all aluminum and uses a beaded liner not an over lap like this one. I am just not sure what brand it is. The pool wall looks like a good thick wall though. It came with lots of extras. Got a great deal on it. Thanks

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What kind of pool is it?

I can't help you on identification but I can congratulate you on a good deal!

You can either buy a J hook liner or an overlap liner. Just make sure if you go with the J hook you get the wall height right.

PS... you'll get a better liner selection with J hook and/or beaded liners.Of course, you'll also pay more too.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    I can't help you on identification but I can congratulate you on a good deal!

You can either buy a J hook liner or an overlap liner. Just make sure if you go with the J hook you get the wall height right.

PS... you'll get a better liner selection with J hook and/or beaded liners.Of course, you'll also pay more too.
    Thanks for the info. Yes I kinda like the J hook design. Looks easier to install. With that many gallons of water I am going to make sure I get a good liner. I did figure out that its a Swim N Play brand based on parts I found on there web site. Now if I can just figure out which model it is.

4. Back To Top    #4

The J hook goes right over the side of the wall. I had my husband, dad, son and friend helping me and we got the liner installed within 20 minutes with the hose running!

5. Back To Top    #5

The J hook goes right over the side of the wall. I had my husband, dad, son and friend helping me and we got the liner installed within 20 minutes with the hose running!
    Wow that is fast. I think you sold me on the J hook. LOL I did find some more info. It has the 8" ledge's and it is one of the three models Meridian,Islamorada, or Navigator. But either way it looks like its one of there higher end models.

6. Back To Top    #6

We started install at around 9:30 am and it was holding water by 10:30-10:45am. It went fast! The slowest part was filling it up!

7. Back To Top    #7

We started install at around 9:30 am and it was holding water by 10:30-10:45am. It went fast! The slowest part was filling it up!
    I have to have my water brought in by tanker truck so the fill up part will go fast. I have a well and it would never support filling 23,800 gallons which is what a 30' round holds.

8. Back To Top    #8

Yeah... that's a big pool.

9. Back To Top    #9

The one good thing is it came with one of those auto cleaning robots. I do not know which kind it is but hope it works well to help keeping it clean. I will find out Saturday when I pick everything up.

10. Back To Top    #10

When is install? Take lots of pics!

11. Back To Top    #11

When is install? Take lots of pics!
    Well if the weather holds out we will start the ground leveling this weekend. Since it is bigger than the 24' I took down I need to cut away a bank in my yard to fit this one in. I will take lots of pics. I e-mailed Swim N Play and they told me based on the pictures is the same pool as there current Islamorada model. From what I can find back when this one was made it was called a Meridian but if I need parts I can use the part numbers from he Islamorada.

12. Back To Top    #12

That's great! Good luck!!!

13. Back To Top    #13

Hmmm ... this has been very helpful! ... I never knew what kind of pool that I had ... someone guessed that it was a doughboy ... but now I am thinking it is the same kind as yours! Only oval and not round ... but ... YAY I think I can finally get the missing top caps! Thank you!!
    SwimNPlay AG 15x33 oval 48" high 12k gallons - Used pool set up July 2013
    Hayward sand filter, Sta-Rite 3/4 HP pump
    Kleen Machine Robot, TF-100 test kit
    Central NC

14. Back To Top    #14

See why it's good to post pics of used pools?! So glad to hear you can get replacement parts April!

15. Back To Top    #15

You have no idea how excited I am about it! LOL They even have a picture of the faux wood painted on metal sides that I have in their installation brochure! LOL
    Central NC

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by AprilNC View Post
    Hmmm ... this has been very helpful! ... I never knew what kind of pool that I had ... someone guessed that it was a doughboy ... but now I am thinking it is the same kind as yours! Only oval and not round ... but ... YAY I think I can finally get the missing top caps! Thank you!!
    Now you can change your "Doughboy(I think)" to "Swim N Play(I know)"

17. Back To Top    #17

LOL ... yes, I can! ... Athough I am thinking we might need to pull out another tape measure ... this could explain some stuff ... and maybe it isn't really 16x32! ... The old owners told me the size! ... so now I am really really glad that I got an overlap liner! HAHA!!
    Central NC

18. Back To Top    #18

What size do you think it is April?

19. Back To Top    #19

Well, the previous owners said it was 16x32 .. but when I was setting it up nothing was fitting right on my layouts ... and of course I was doing all of this by myself while hubby was out of town for work ... and working with at 25' tape measure ... so I ended up having to move all of my pavers ... I'm thinking that I need to pull a long string from end to end and side to side ... or get a longer tape measure! ... and the seams at the bottom of the liner just seemed "off" ... I'm thinking it might be 33' long instead of 32 ...

Sorry to hijack the thread ... but just something to think about if you aren't sure of the kind of pool ... get an over lap liner so you have some extra to work with! LOL
    Central NC

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by AprilNC View Post
    Well, the previous owners said it was 16x32 .. but when I was setting it up nothing was fitting right on my layouts ... and of course I was doing all of this by myself while hubby was out of town for work ... and working with at 25' tape measure ... so I ended up having to move all of my pavers ... I'm thinking that I need to pull a long string from end to end and side to side ... or get a longer tape measure! ... and the seams at the bottom of the liner just seemed "off" ... I'm thinking it might be 33' long instead of 32 ...

Sorry to hijack the thread ... but just something to think about if you aren't sure of the kind of pool ... get an over lap liner so you have some extra to work with! LOL
    April
    No problem. If you look under the Customer service tab on the Swim N Play web site they have some documents on there that might help you out. It helped me trying to figure out what mine was.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast