Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can't Find Manual For My Pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Can't Find Manual For My Pump

Hi all,

New guy here. I'll post an introduction later. I was hoping to get some assistance.

I have a Waterway Wetend pump. Model # SD-10-1N11MB and it's squealing something fierce. I just started it up yesterday for the first time this year. It was covered all winter, protected from the elements, but it sounds like a banshee screaming.

I'm fairly sure I need to replace something in it, but I can't find a diagram or manual for this thing anywhere online.

I was hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can't Find Manual For My Pump

I went and inspected it a little closer. Sounds like it's coming from in the motor itself, probably a bearing gone bad. I just need to be able to figure out how to get to it and what part numbers to order.

Thanks again

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

You generally have to pull the pump off the motor and the impeller off the shaft to get to the seals and bearings. Fairly easy to change once you get there. You can often take it into a pool store and have it changed there if you don't have the parts or time. Saves you a service call.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks John! I'll see what I can do. Should I just take the old bearing with me to get a replacement? I typically order parts online, but if I have to deal local, I can do that too.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    Welcome to TFP!

You generally have to pull the pump off the motor and the impeller off the shaft to get to the seals and bearings. Fairly easy to change once you get there. You can often take it into a pool store and have it changed there if you don't have the parts or time. Saves you a service call.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by billm75 View Post
    Thanks John! I'll see what I can do. Should I just take the old bearing with me to get a replacement? I typically order parts online, but if I have to deal local, I can do that too.
    You can take the whole motor if you want.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

6. Back To Top    #6

If you can deal with the pump being down for a bit, once you get in there, you might find a number stamped on the bearing race.

Otherwise google "pool pumps parts". I bought my bearings from Grainger, but I cross-referenced a part number from a parts supplier first.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry