Time for a new liner any suggestions on what brand and or anything else?

Jun 18, 2010
Southern Alabama
It is time for a new liner this year. Any suggestions on what brand, gauge and or anything else that would help?
I will have one of the local pool companies do it but just wanted to get some input on what brands I should look for or stay away from etc.

Do any liners come with a warranty for sun damage for a few years?

What gauge?

Any ballpark price on what it should cost to have someone replace it?
Specs are in signature.

Thanks

Anything around 25mil/gauge and up is better than 20mil/gauge . Are you ordering the liner online and having pool company install? Are you purchasing from pool store? I've never seen a liner with a warranty on sun fading and you most definitely won't find anyone who offers that because liners start to fade as soon as they are installed. Thank the sun for that! :lol: We can not give ball parks on liner installations. I suggest you call every pool store in your area who can do it and ask them for an estimate. :goodjob:

Some manufactures make liners with ultra-seam/invisible floor seam technology. Here's one of them - http://lathampool.com/ultra-seam
I have it installed last fall when our pool was built. If you are interested, I can post some pictures.
Also I believe darker pad color (liner is printed on white or blue/gray vinyl) helps with fading. Do you have steps to cover with liner?

In case you didnt know, if you have the white plastic steps, tell the liner people the location of the steps and they can make the liner so that the wall seam is "inside" them. Otherwise, you will likely have a visible ugly wall seam on your wall. My liner is made by Vynall and thats how mine got done.

EDIT: when I made this post, I had not seen Ukies. I like Ukies seamless liner better !!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.