Doughboy Question

Apr 30, 2014
fl
Looking to get my first above ground and want quality.

I like the Doughboy Tuscany but am confused on pricing.

Nowhere can I get the MSRP on this pool and i don't know if trying to get below MSRP is standard like when buying a car.

Also one local dealer gave a price and claims install is only $99. Claims Doughboy is rebating cost of install?

I'm thinking they price of the pool is higher to cover install.

I'd rather they were just up front and gave a firm install price.

I have been quoted $1,500 install from other dealer. Hard to believe Doughboy would rebate this cost to me.

Anybody have a clue as to a fair price and install price for a Tuscany 18 ft round??

I'm not an expert by any means ... but from spending some time on this site these are the things that I would be asking various pool dealers when pricing varies a lot

What equipment is included? What size pump/filter

What excavation limits are included - how much leveling will they do before extra costs are incurred - 1 inch? 6 inches? 1 foot?

What type of base included? A pool pad? sand coving or foam coving?

I would imagine that these differences could make a lot of a $$ difference in the pricing of installation rather than the actual pool itself.

Hi, welcome to TFP! There is not a set standard install price since there are so many variables that can affect the price. Some dealers may include the cost of sand and leveling the site in the install and some may price it separately. How level your site is may also affect the cost of installation. For instance when my pool was installed, top 3" of soil grading was included with an additional cost per inch of depth for soil grading beyond that. Ask what is included in the installation price and what kind of warranty they offer on the installation and make your comparisons from there.

I don't know of anywhere you can get the msrp unless you contact Doughboy directly, but they may not give that information out. I did find $500 off offer on their site.

Yes I've seen countless times the $99 install is the basic of basics installation - ie level ground, so even 2 inches they'll tack on extra's where they can, trust me. My "free" installation (this was years ago) ended up costing $345. Then factor in elec lines - lines for gas if you get a heater... etc. Choose your location carefully. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.