Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Light

1. Back To Top    #1

Unhappy Pool Light

Hi , i have a jandy halogen that i am trying to replace with a 12 v led . When i was trying to pull the wire it is extremely difficult and i tried water and soap and flushing with brass etc .. it does not work when i looked at the niche i saw a lot of calcium deposits that i have chipped away but i see something black flush with the wire and the pool hole I am thinking it is expoxy .... i know the pool builder who installed this in the first place ... what are my options is this easy to remove , if i need to drain the pool do i need to relieve the hydrostatic pressure if i let the water down about 2.5 feet .. it is a 7.5 feet deep pool...

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Light

I have no experience with this Sam, but I wanted to say Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Pool Light

Epoxy at the back of the light niche usually means the conduit leaks. It should be possible to remove it, but it won't be easy.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School