In ground steps supplier

May 17, 2011
SW IL
Nick just my opinion but I have been building and remodeling pools for over 30 years and from my experience every time I do this I think I am not charging enough. Breaking out the deck, removing the deck, digging out whatever backfill material, breaking out the bond beam. Getting the old step out. Then replacing all that. Don't sound like a big deal now that I say it. Good luck

I appreciate your concern, fortunately concrete and concrete removal is one area me and people I know are fairly good at. I didn't think about the backfill, or the bond beam. How difficult is the bond beam? any tips?

As far as shipping steps via online suppliers. I did a lot of looking around yesterday and unfortunately, even when offered online, they won't ship the steps. I emailed 5 companies that offered steps online and none of them have replied yet. One company, I'll have to find link, offered them for $700 which sounded too good to be true, also their site was kind of shady so I didn't go further, I'll probably call them today.

Thanks for all the help

to add regarding my opinion about the cost. They wanted to charge me around $2000 for steps themselves then an additional $1500 for removal and install. So my theory was take it out myself and put the $1500 towards a new liner. Also if I can purchase the steps even $500 cheaper then they want to charge me I can still have them install them so I know it's done properly.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.