Options for ground water removal

I just had ALD American leak detection come out and they found a leak in one of my return lines that has been causing a lot of water behind my liner which was installed 7 months back. I have an in-ground pool roughly 30k gallons kidney shaped liner pool. I had to bust open a good bit of slab to get to the pipes 3' x 6'. Now that I have an access point I asked my builder what are my options for a behind the liner drain. He says he can put one at the shallow end near the bottom for about 500 bucks if I dig it out so they have access, they normally charge 1200-1500 depending on the job. What he is saying a line will run from the hole I cut to my equipment pad and use my pump to pump out the ground water if we get heavy rains or a hurricane..i live in south Louisiana so it does get soggy here. My neighbors pool has no behind the liner drain and she has no problems with ground water.

A: Is it worth the small expense and tremendous labor to have this if I ever need it?

B: Is that good for my pool pump to use it like that?

C: Is there a better method for removing ground water with out doing a well point drain under the deep end?

By the way for any TFP people in the Baton Rouge area I was tired of buying old chlorine from box stores so I convinced a pool store to carry liquid chlorine.
its the store on Sherwood by Old Hammond near the old jumbo sports... 12.5% strength 13 bucks for a case of 4 and allways fresh!!!

Thanks TFP members!

Not sure if it's worth it or not, that depends on how much you like manual labor! If your neighbor hasn't had floating liner issues that is good, though no guarantee that you won't. I wouldn't use the pool pump to pull groundwater though...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.