"Splash Guard Technology"??????

Apr 24, 2013
Buffalo, NY
So I just bought Summer Escapes PRO Series 14'x42" pool. Upgrade??? from Intex 10'x30" Metal Frame. The front of the instruction booklet for the Pro Series says " 'Splash Guard' Technology" but does not explain what this means. Anyone have an idea? 'Cuz if they can keep my kids from splashing all the water out, that would be a miracle. (I KNOW that's not what it means.)

Also, I understand that the pump for this pool is a 1000GPH attached to bottom of skimmer. For 3000 some gallons of water? Wondering if using a 1000GPH Intex Krystal Klear pump/filter over the side with bat weights(as mentioned in another thread. Did it last year on 10'x30" Intex and it was WONDERFUL! ) would help to reduce the load on the stock pump? Or am I just being optimistic? Can't afford to convert this to bigger pump this year. Maybe next summer.

In addition, Would there be some way to cut a hole in the other side(or same side if better) of the pool to put this Intex pump's inlet line directly into the pool that doesn't require genius level brain power and Ninja like skills? - Like it would be if it were attached to an Intex pool, rather than having to do the over the side weighted thing. I would like to put it low enough that it filters the water from the bottom most part of the pool but not so low that it won't prime the pump. Then attach the intex outlet screen thingy-majigger to the return side and use it to Fountain the pool for aeration. Would this be possible to do without it leaking? Has anyone done something like that, even if not for the same exact reason?

Thanks in advance.

Mommabeans

As best I can tell, the splash guard technology may be something to prevent water from being splashed out of the openings where the top and side rails join. Not really any information about that out there. The 1000GPH pump is designed to move 1000 gallons of water through the filter per hour. In theory if you run the pool for 3 hours there would be one turn over of the volume of a 3000 gallon pool.

The modifications you would like to make are certainly possible. There are multiple Intex modification threads on TFP. Here is a link to get you started.

The splash guard is nothing more than the liner extending all the way up to the top rail where the legs and the top connect. On an intex pool there is a swooping cut out at the top of the wall where each post and top rail connect and this can let water slosh out during rough play. On a summer escapes pool this isn't the case.
As far as adding returns and inlets it is Def possible. Just keep in mind that any opening can leak so be sure to use the right gaskets and periodically check for leaks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.